Summer Reading Challenge 2020
This year, the Summer Reading Challenge theme is 'Silly Squad', which is a digital offer with a whole range of online fun for children and their families, but without the usual materials.
To take part, children and their parents or guardians need to register online at Summer Reading Challenge and set their own challenge. Just select “Swindon” from the drop down menu to identify your library authority.
The online offer for Swindon includes the following:
- E-audiobooks – listen to a book together
- E-magazines – there is a fantastic range that has something for everyone
- E-comics – a brand new collection of comics that are definitely worth checking out
- Live story times with Anish – every Tuesday at 11:00am on Swindon Libraries Facebook
- Subtitled rhymes and rhyme times
- Stories and craft Ideas – new videos with demonstrations and live story telling will be put up throughout the summer holidays
- Swindon Libraries summer reading challenge blog – where you can let us know what you have been doing
- Competition time – Steve Antony, local author and illustrator, and Swindon Libraries children’s patron, will be running his brilliant annual art competition
If you have any questions regarding the Summer Reading Challenge 2020, or wish to contribute towards our blog, contact Debbie Jackson, Outreach Librarian and Summer Reading Challenge Coordinator at: email@example.com.