Get advice if you are homeless
If you are facing Homelessness, please register with the Swindon Home Advice Service website
The Swindon Home Advice service is a housing options and advice directory for home-seekers across Swindon providing advice on the following:
- Private rented accommodation
- How the council can help you
- Sheltered and adapted accommodation
- Hostels and supported accommodation
- Help for owners
- Low cost ownership schemes
- Council and housing association Accommodation
- Drug and alcohol services
- Mental Health accommodation
Please note however, you will not be offered an appointment with the housing options team unless you have registered online.
If you have an urgent housing need, please ring us directly on 01793 445503, or if the enquiry is outside normal office hours, please ring 01793 466451
Deposit guarantee scheme
The deposit guarantee scheme is an initiative set up by Swindon Borough Council which is designed to help people get into rented accommodation in the private rented sector.
The scheme guarantees a deposit for eligible persons/households to encourage landlords to make accommodation available. Please note that this is not a CASH payment.
To apply for the Deposit Guarantee Scheme, please download and complete the form below:
The following information is available to download:
- Homeless in Swindon (PDF)
- Homeless Flowchart (PDF)
- Survival guide for homeless people in Swindon (PDF)
The following documents may also offer further advice: