Advice and guidance for private landlords
Swindon Borough Council recognises the important role played by the private rented sector in housing many of its residents.
All housing is expected to meet minimum standards of safety, amenity, repair and management. The Residential Services Team are able to advise on what is required to meet these standards.
Swindon Borough Council operates a Landlord Accreditation Scheme to further support responsible landlords.
The following factsheets and publications are available to download:
- Building Regulations Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Condensation and Mould Growth Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Energy Efficiency Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Grounds For Possession Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Housing Benefit Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Lachors Landlords Handbook (PDF)
- Landlords Guidance Booklet (PDF)
- Landlords Self Inspection Guidance - Single Family Occupied (PDF)
- Landlords Self Inspection Guidance - HMO (PDF)
- Planning Issues Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Specimen of Lease (PDF)
- Specimen of Non-secure Tenancy Agreement (PDF)