Contact us

Do it online

Many Swindon residents use this website to report, request or pay for something online.

This is easy and convenient for you and the council. Use the links below or the search bar at the top of the page to find what you're looking for.

Pay for something | Report something | Request or apply for something

Customer services telephone numbers and location

Town and parish councils

Many local town and parish councils are responsible for services such as grass cutting and hedges, keeping streets clean, emptying litter bins and removing graffiti in public spaces. If you wish to report an issue and are unsure whether your parish council is responsible for the work, report it to us. Where appropriate, we will direct it to the relevant parish council. For general information, visit our town and parish councils information page

Contact customer services

Customer Services at Wat Tyler House now close early at 4.00pm every Tuesday. This is to allow staff to hold training sessions.



Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Tuesday from 9.00am to 4.00pm

  • StreetSmart enquiries - 01793 445501
  • Housing enquires - 01793 445503
  • Car parking - 01793 445506
  • Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support helpline - 0345 3022316
  • All other enquiries - 01793 445500

The following emergency services are available outside of normal working hours:

  • Housing Services - 01793 695851
  • Social Services - 01793 436699
  • Homeline - 01793 616427
  • Any other emergencies (includes reporting stray animals) - 01793 466453


Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Tuesday from 9.00am to 4.00pm

Customer Services reception
Wat Tyler House
Beckhampton Street

Postal address

Customer services
Swindon Borough Council
Civic Offices
Euclid Street

Providing feedback

We want to hear your views on the service we've provided to you. You can use our online form to provide comments, suggestions and compliments.

Compliments and comments online form

More information on our customer services feedback page.

Making a complaint

You may be dissatisfied about the standard of a service, actions or lack of actions by the council and its staff. In this case, you may wish to make a complaint to the council. This is different to making a service request about a matter that concerns you, for example a missed bin collection or a noise nuisance. If this is the nature of the contact you with to make with us, you should use the search bar at the top of the page to find the correct area of the site to make your report.

Complaints online form

More information on our complaints procedure page.

Requesting information from the council

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities. Lots of this information is available via our publication scheme. Where it is not available, however, you can make a Freedom of Information enquiry.

Make a Freedom of Information enquiry online

More information on the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and our publication scheme.

Last updated: 19 July 2018. Was this information helpful?

Help us improve

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.