Reducing rough sleeper strategy review consultation
Since we agreed our Reducing Rough Sleeping Strategy in 2019, the COVID-19 pandemic has been a huge challenge for all services. It has also provided support and accommodation for more Rough Sleepers than we could have envisaged.
We fully recognise that none of this would be possible without our partners and those involved with tackling Rough Sleeping.
The list below outlines the work that has been done:
- A council Rough Sleeper team has been created, including Housing First, navigators and a support team
- We have purchased nine x 1 bed properties through additional Government funding
- We have secured Rough Sleeper Intiative funding of £637,000 from the Department of Levelling Up, Communities and Housing
- We have developed and delivered Housing First to over 20 long-term Rough Sleepers
- An Outreach Service has been created
- We have secured dedicated Mental Health services for Rough Sleepers
- We have recruited a Hospital and Prison Discharge Officer
- We have recruited a Rough Sleeper Housing Options Officer
- We have provided an Assessment Centre
- We have provided temporary winter housing provision
It is now time to reflect on our current strategy and look forward to continuing to improve services and reduce Rough Sleeping in Swindon.
We are inviting businesses, residents, service users and community and voluntary organisations to complete the short five-minute survey below:
The consultation will run from Wednesday, 1 December 2021 until Monday, 31 January 2022.
What happens next?
The consultation results will be fed back to the Reducing Rough Sleeper Task Group and Health & Wellbeing Board.
All information collected in this survey will only be used to inform the Swindon Borough Council reducing Rough Sleeping Strategy 2022-2027. All information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act. It will not be shared and will be stored securely for a maximum of 12 months. When it is no longer needed it will be destroyed.