Help with starting up and running a business
If you are interested in setting up your own business, the following organisations wil be abe to provide support and advice on key topics such as licensing, banking, networking events, and the practical steps of getting started.
- Gov.uk website - provides online guides and tutorials covering key business topics and practical steps to setting up a business. You can also call them on 0845 6009006
- The Swindon and Wiltshire Growth Hub connects knowledge, funders, business support and the industry
- The Prince's Trust helps people aged 18-30 (unemployed or working less than 16 hours) with workshops, test trading, financial support and mentoring. You can can also call them on 0800 842842
- Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce brings people together to do business, learn, and share best practise as part of around 120 events per year
- The Federation of Small Businesses run a number of events in Swindon and members can get information such as factsheets, on starting and running a business
If your business needs to interact with the council, you can also contact the Business Support team.