COVID-19 - Government support for businesses
Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum: Tier 4 from 31 Dec 2020 to 5 Jan 2021
About the grant
Swindon changed tiers quickly over the festive period, so you may have missed the chance to apply for a grant for which you might be eligible.
One of these schemes is the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum: Tier 4 - 31 December 2020 to 5 January 2021.
This grant scheme came into place for a short time during the festive period when Swindon moved to Tier 4. This is a retrospective grant application and is separate to the new Local Restrictions Support Grant Closed Addendum from 5 Jan onwards scheme, which is also currently open.
Your business must:
- have been told by the Government to remain closed during 31 December 2020 and 5 January 2021. See: GOV.UK website - full list of business types that must remain closed during the current period
- have a live business rates account direct with Swindon Borough Council, even if the property has been awarded rate relief
Other application criteria:
- Applicants can be sole traders, businesses, charities, town and parish councils and community interest companies
- On 5 January 2021 businesses must have:
- not been in administration, insolvent or subject to a striking office notice
- not been an undertaking in difficulty (with the definition of Article 2(18) of the General Block Exemption Regulation)
- been actively trading (buying and selling goods or services)
- Businesses must not have received more than 800,000 EUROS in state funding within the last three-fiscal year period. Please read the Government guidance about state aid
- Businesses which have found alternative, safe methods of trading (for example, new takeaway services) may still be eligible for a grant. However, if the substantive business was already takeaway or deliveries, they are not eligible.
- Eligible applicants will receive one grant per business property, so a business can apply for multiple grants.
- Applicants cannot apply for other schemes during this period, but can apply for grant schemes before and after this period.
- We will endeavour to protect against fraud and neither we nor the Government will accept deliberate manipulation and fraud. Any businesses falsifying information will face prosecution and any funding issued will be clawed back.
- Swindon Borough Council may verify and share any information from grant applications with other council departments and government departments.
- There is no appeals process if your application is rejected.
You can see full details of the grant scheme and read the full eligibility criteria at GOV.UK: Local Restrictions Support Grants (Closed) Addendum: Tier 4 guidance (PDF)
Eligible applicants will receive a six-day rata amount per property from 31 December 2020 to 5 January 2021. These payments are as follows depending on your rateable value:
- £285.86 for properties with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under
- £428.76 for properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000
- £642.86 for properties with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above
Making your application
- You will need your unique business reference number to complete this form. This reference starts 'UBG' and is followed by six numbers.
- If you don't have a unique business reference number, you must first register your business for COVID-19 related grants. Please complete this form with as much detail as possible, even if you have already applied for other grants.You will receive your unique business grant reference number when you complete the form.