COVID-19 - Adult Social Care: Support for providers
This page shows information about support we are providing to Adult Social Care providers in response to COVID-19.
It shows the type of support we are offering and the total amount of money we have spent supporting providers with whom we do and do not have contracts.
Support being offered:
From April 2020 the local authority provided PPE, improved the payment terms of invoices and held regular provider calls.
From June 2020 the Government took over the supply of PPE and has also allocated a number of grants which the local authority has distributed.
The grants cover:
- Infection control and prevention (June 2020 to March 2022)
- Rapid testing (December 2020 to March 2022)
- Workforce capacity (January to March 2021)
- Vaccine fund (October 2021 to March 2022)
- Workforce recruitment and retention (October 2021 to March 2022)
- Omicron support fund (January to March 2022)
Total spent from April 2020 to date on supporting Adult Social Care providers in response to COVID-19: £8,053,867.11 (as at 18 January 2022)