Leading an active lifestyle
Adult's weight management
We offer a 12 week adult weight management referral, free of charge (subject to meeting criteria).
Clients can currently choose from either of these two commercial programmes, Slimming World or Weight Watchers.
Children's lifestyle and weight management service
Healthy families is a fun, free and highly successful children’s lifestyle weight management programme. It helps overweight children and young people and their families to reach and maintain a healthier weight.
The service provides an age specific 10 week programme for families with children aged between 5 and 16 years. Each programme is specifically designed to provide age appropriate messages, activities and behavioural change strategies that will benefit the whole family.
The Healthy families programme aims to set goals and teaches how to achieve them by:
- providing welcome sessions where new families can meet
- offering a health MOT and setting specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely (SMART) objectives
- showing how you can eat well and make healthy food choices
- showing how you can reduce e-play and enjoy being active
- offering healthy lifestyle workshops to help you apply understanding
- offering continued support with behaviour change by building and maintaining family healthy habits
The programme will be delivered by an experienced, approachable, professional and friendly team using the Change 4 Life healthy living messages.
Details of the next available welcome sessions and programme start dates, are shown in the table below:
|Activity||Dates||Venue||10 week programme start date|
|Welcome sessions (5 to 11 years)||Monday, 30 March 2020
Monday, 6 April 2020
|Oasis Leisure Centre||Monday, 20 April 2020|
|Welcome sessions (12 to 16 years)||Tuesday, 31 March 2020
Tuesday, 7 April 2020
|Oasis Leisure Centre||Tuesday, 21 April 2020|