- The hours worked are agreed - between you, the Council and those involved in arranging the placement - before the placement
- Unless there are very good reasons, under 16s will not be asked to work more than a standard working day (7 hours and 24 minutes)
- You will be expected to provide your own lunch. The facilities available in dependent on where you placement is located
- Work placements are unpaid
- You will be advised about appropriate clothing at the interview stage
- You're covered by Swindon Borough Council's Employer's Liability Insurance and Public Liability Insurance during your placement
How to Apply
The form is also available as a downloadable PDF file:
What Happens Next
On receipt of your Register of Interest Form we will try to find a suitable work placement for you and we'll contact you within 10 working days. However, in some circumstances it may be longer.
If you are successful, you will be contacted directly by the relevant department or Business Support.
In most cases, you will be asked to attend an informal interview. The purpose of this interview is to give you the opportunity to see the work environment and to find out more about the placement before you start. It also enables the supervisor to prepare a worthwhile programme for you.