On this page: Information about work experience placements at Swindon Borough Council, including how to apply.
- The hours worked are agreed - between you, the Council and those involved in arranging the placement - before the placement
- Unless there are very good reasons, under 16s will not be asked to work more than a standard working day (7 hours and 24 minutes)
- You will be expected to provide your own lunch. The facilities available in dependent on where you placement is located
- Work placements are unpaid
- You will be advised about appropriate clothing at the interview stage
- You're covered by Swindon Borough Council's Employer's Liability Insurance and Public Liability Insurance during your placement
How to Apply
To be considered for a work experience placement, you first need to complete a form to register your interest.
You can register online:
The form is also available as a downloadable PDF file:
What Happens Next
On receipt of your Register of Interest Form we will try to find a suitable work placement for you and we'll contact you within 10 working days. However, in some circumstances it may be longer.
If you are successful, you will be contacted directly by the relevant department or Business Support.
In most cases, you will be asked to attend an informal interview. The purpose of this interview is to give you the opportunity to see the work environment and to find out more about the placement before you start. It also enables the supervisor to prepare a worthwhile programme for you.
Adult Social Care is provided by SEQOL which is a social enterprise. Please visit the SEQOL website for further information.
Swindon Commercial Services
As a wholly owned company of Swindon Borough Council, Swindon Commercial Services Ltd (SCS) combines the best of the public and private sectors. If you are looking for work experience in areas such as plumbing, electrical, gas or refuse, then please visit their website or e-mail them direct at email@example.com