Missing and found pets
If you have lost a pet
If a pet you own has gone missing:
- Check out the Missing & found pets page in case someone has posted a notice that they have found a pet with a similar description.
- Whatever type of animal is missing, contact the Dog Warden Service as records are kept of all animals reported as being found and of any animals involved in road accidents.
- Place a 'Missing Pet' advertisement on this website.
- Place advertisements on other websites containing lists of lost pets. A simple web search should return a list of such websites.
- If you've lost a dog, then please also see the Missing Dogs page for details of how to report it.
If you have found a petIf you have found a pet that belongs to someone else:
- Check our Missing Pets Advertisements to see if the pet has been registered as missing.
- Place a 'Found Pets' advertisement on this website. Please see the Missing & found pets page for details of how to place this.
- Report any found dogs to the Dog Warden Service as there is a legal requirement to do so.
- All advertisements for lost and found pets will be displayed for a period of three months.
- Swindon Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for nuisance calls or abusive communications to any of the contact details listed in the Missing Pets and Found Pets advertisements.
There is no charge for this service.