Diversity impact assessments
Diversity Impact Assessments (DIA's) are important to ensure the services we deliver are helping us to meet our vision to make Swindon an equal society, which recognises and respects people’s different needs, situations and goals, and remove the barriers that limit what people can do and can be.
Guidance is available in the following document:
There are four sections to the DIA
- Being really clear about what we’re trying to do or achieve
- Finding out and then understanding who is using our service and who we might reasonably expect to use the service
- Working out if the any groups are unreasonably being excluded from what we do.
- Making changes to make our service fairer.
All council and cabinet reports include a reference to a relevant DIA. This is so we can make sure that our legal equality duties are considered when we make decisions.
DIA's are useful in helping us take stock and make positive change and are undertaken on every service area. This helps to ensure our service outcomes deliver our equality and diversity vision.
Published diversity impact assessments
We are required to make the outcomes of DIA's publicly available. To view them, please see:
- Diversity Impact Assessments
- Diversity Impact Assessments for Cabinet - February 2016
- Diversity Impact Assessments for Cabinet - March 2016
- Diversity Impact Assessments for Cabinet - June 2016
- Diversity Impact Assessments for Cabinet - July 2016
- Diversity Impact Assessments for Cabinet - October 2016
- Diversity Impact Assessments for Cabinet - December 2016
If you have questions about the Council’s Diversity Impact Assessments, please contact email@example.com