This is an optional service if you are applying for British Citizenship. We check that you have completed your application to the Home Office correctly, with all the necessary documents and the correct fee. Although this isn't automatically a faster application process, applications that are submitted to the Home Office correctly, are usually processed faster.
Appointments are usually available on Mondays and Wednesdays.
At your appointment we will:
- Check that the application forms have been completed.
- Check that all relevant documents are present
- Photocopy necessary documents - such as passports - certify the copies and return the originals to you
- Submit your Life in the UK certificate and other evidence of competence in the English language
- Check that the correct fee is submitted
- Forward all applications to the Home Office by next day delivery
The fee will not be refunded if:
- you fail to attend the appointment
- you amend or cancel the appointment with less than 24 hours notice (you will need to pay the fee again for a new appointment)
- the application doesn't meet requirements.
A full refund will be given if an appointment is amended or cancelled with more than 24 hours notice.
Make an appointment
You can make an appointment with the Nationality Checking Service by calling 01793 522738 (9.00am-4.00pm Monday-Friday and 9.00am-7.00pm Thursdays)
You can call us for more information about the service and the booking process however, we can't give information about eligibility. Visit the Gov.uk website for more information about becoming a British Citizen.