Find out about the Household Waste Recycling Centre
- From 1st October the centre is open from 8.00am - 8.00pm
The Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) is available for use by residents of Swindon to dispose of household recycling and household waste. It is located at:
Cheney Manor Industrial Estate
Map: Household Waste Recycling Centre (google.co.uk)
The HWRC is open every day except:
- Christmas Day (closed all day)
- Boxing Day (closed all day)
- New Year's Day (closed all day).
On all other days the HWRC is open:
- From 1 April to 30 September: 6.00am to 8.00pm
- From 1 October to 31 October: 8.00am to 8.00pm
- From 1 November to 31 March: 8.00am to 4.30pm
What Can be Taken to the HWRC
The following may be brought to the HWRC:
- Electrical household products (including fridges and freezers)
- Personal computers
- Scrap metal
- Garden waste
- Plastic bottles
- Batteries (including car batteries)
- Used engine oil
- General household waste
Any hazardous waste (other than asbestos) must be handed to a member of staff to ensure its correct disposal.
Generally, there is no charge for taking items to the HWRC. However, we do make a charge for some waste items that have special disposal regulations/requirements. These are:
Car tyres (each)
Asbestos (per sealed bag)
Asbestos (per wrapped/sealed sheet)
See the Dispose of asbestos safely page for details on how to wrap/seal asbestos. Asbestos that is not wrapped in the correct way will not be accepted at the HWRC.
For general enquiries please contact StreetSmart:
Tel: 01793 445501 (9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday).