Find out about the Household Waste Recycling Centre
- From 1st November the centre is open from 8.00am to 4.30pm
The Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) is available for use by residents of Swindon to dispose of household recycling and household waste. It is located at:
Cheney Manor Industrial Estate
Map: Household Waste Recycling Centre (google.co.uk)
The HWRC is open every day except:
- Christmas Day (closed all day)
- Boxing Day (closed all day)
- New Year's Day (closed all day).
On all other days the HWRC is open:
- From 1 April to 30 September: 6.00am to 8.00pm
- From 1 October to 31 October: 8.00am to 8.00pm
- From 1 November to 31 March: 8.00am to 4.30pm
What Can be Taken to the HWRC
The following may be brought to the HWRC:
- Electrical household products (including fridges and freezers)
- Personal computers
- Scrap metal
- Garden waste
- Plastic bottles
- Batteries (including car batteries)
- Used engine oil
- General household waste
Any hazardous waste (other than asbestos) must be handed to a member of staff to ensure its correct disposal.
Generally, there is no charge for taking items to the HWRC. However, we do make a charge for some waste items that have special disposal regulations/requirements. These are:
Car tyres (each)
Asbestos (per sealed bag)
Asbestos (per wrapped/sealed sheet)
See the Dispose of asbestos safely page for details on how to wrap/seal asbestos. Asbestos that is not wrapped in the correct way will not be accepted at the HWRC.
For general enquiries please contact StreetSmart:
Tel: 01793 445501 (9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday).