Thursday, 24 April 2014

* * *

Refine search

Request a Housing Repair Online

If there is a problem with a council-owned home and a repair is needed, the tenant should contact us to request it. We will assess it and if necessary, arrange for the repair to be carried out. Depending on the problem, it is sometimes the tenant's responsibility to make the repair - please see Responsibilities for Repairs.

Fault Type

Please select the type of fault you wish to report from the dropdown:

Fault type:  

Request a Repair

There are a number of ways you can request a repair to your council home. These are:

  1. The easiest and most convenient way is to request a repair by completing the online fault report above. Please start this process by selecting a fault type from the drop-down list and clicking the 'Next' button.
  2. Telephone the Swindon Direct Contact Centre. For details of the telephone number and opening hours, please see the Swindon Direct web pages.
  3. Visit the Swindon Direct One-stop-shop. For details of the address and opening times, please see the Swindon Direct web pages.

Please see also Emergency and Out-of-hours repairs.

What You Need to Tell Us

  • The address of the property where the repair is required
  • Your name
  • Your address (if it's different from the property to be repaired)
  • Contact telephone numbers
  • Access arrangements to the property
  • The type of appliance
  • What the fault is

What Will Happen Next

  • We will confirm receipt of your request by the end of the following working day.
  • Sometimes, an inspector will need to call before any work is started.
  • We will contact you to make an appointment for the inspector and/or the tradesman to call.


A responsible adult must be present to allow our inspector or tradesperson access. The inspection or repair will not be carried out if the only person at home is aged under 16; you will need to re-request the repair.

If you need to change or cancel an appointment, please give us at least 24 hours' notice.

©2014 Swindon Borough Council. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions