Saturday, 05 September 2015

* * *

Refine search

Food Poisoning and Illness

Health Concerns

If you think you are suffering from food poisoning, then it's important to seek medical advice. Contact your GP or see the NHS Choices website - Food Poisoning (

Investigation of the Causes

We routinely investigate cases of food poisoning and other notifiable infectious diseases, which are usually reported to us by the Health Protection Agency.

Any information gained in an investigation will naturally be taken into account in the planning and timing of inspections.

Further Information

Useful advice on avoiding food poisoning is available from the NHS - please see NHS Choices - 10 Ways to Prevent Food Poisoning (

For more information on the different types of food poisoning bacteria, please see the Health Protection Agency (HPA) website ( and enter the name of the bacteria/bug in the search box.

©2014 Swindon Borough Council. All rights reserved. Terms and Condition